The following guidelines are to be followed by all users of the library.
- Bags, attaché/brief cases, raincoats, umbrellas and other carriers, are not allowed into the library. They should be left on the shelve outside to the library main entrance and pick them back when leaving the Library.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are forbidden within the library.
- Cell phones should be on vibration or silent mode at all times.
- The use of naked light (e.g. candles) is not allowed in the Library.
- Silence should be maintained in the library, and any other behavior likely to disturb or inconvenience other readers should be avoided.
- Books consulted should NOT be returned to the shelves. They should be left on the tables.
- Marking, mutilation and misappropriation of library materials are serious offences and severe disciplinary action will be taken against offenders.
- Readers must submit any book(s) and material(s) they are carrying while leaving the library for scrutiny at the Check Point.
- All Library materials and equipment must be treated with care. Any damage must be reported at once. The Librarian may require a reader to pay for the cost of repair to any damaged property.
- No book may be taken out of the Library unless it has been properly charged at the Circulation Desk.
- Cameras cannot be used within the Library premises without the permission of the library staff or University Librarian
- Please do not leave or use personal belongings to book a seat. Staff members may remove belongings after 30 minutes.
- The following rules apply when using a computer: Students should not:
– play computer games- download, view or send content of sexual nature or offensive images
– under no circumstances should any user unplug any cable from the setup
– all laptop users must use the UBIDSWifi and not the network cables connected to the library’s workstations or use provided network cable
- Clients not adhering to the rules may be asked to leave or be removed from the library