The SD Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT.
The Director of Procurement is the Head of the Procurement Directorate of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor through the Registrar for the provision of effective leadership and the promotion of good governance in accordance with the Regulations of the University. He/she shall, among other duties, supervise the maintenance and updating of a proper database of suppliers, service providers, and consultants, prepare procurement plans for goods, works, and services for the University, assist in the process of advertising tenders and provide input for the formulation of procurement strategy for the University.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A person seeking appointment as Director of Procurement must:
- Hold a minimum Master’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or other related disciplines;
- Have a recognized professional qualification in the field of Procurement;
- Have satisfactory performance as Deputy Procurement Officer in a university or its equivalent in an analogous Institution.;
A minimum of 12 years post-qualification experience as a Procurement Professional in a reputable and practicing firm, industry, commerce, and/or public service with requisite experience in Public Procurement;
- Be a distinguished professional with the capacity to motivate and direct staff;
- Be above reproach and must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities, and organizational skills; and
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good knowledge of the Public Procurement Act 2003, Public Financial Administration Act 2016, and other related legal frameworks;
- Evidence of ability to coordinate work of units, sections, or teams;
- Evidence of ability to initiate policies;
- Very good knowledge and understanding of university administration, governance systems, and structures;
- Very good IT skills and ability to use and adapt to customized Enterprise Resource Planning;
- Must be able to adapt to changes in government legislative directives and policies and apply the same in the discharge of duties;
- Must have effective negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Must have strong analytical skills;
- Must have strong leadership qualities and be committed to teamwork;
- Must be trustworthy; and
- Must be able to work for long and sustained hours.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment is Full-time. Applicants shall be required to serve at least a minimum of FOUR YEARS, prior to attaining the Compulsory Statutory Retirement Age of sixty (60)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send both hard and soft copies of their application together with their current Curriculum Vitae, Vision Statement of not more than four (4) pages, and three (3) Referees’ Report to:
P.O. Box WA 64
Wa, Upper West Region
Closing Date: Friday, November 25, 2022
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be Contacted