The University invites applications from suitably qualified Staff to fill the following vacancies:
1. VICE-DEAN, FACULTY OF PUBLIC POLICY AND GOVERNANCE (FPPG); and
2. VICE-DEAN OF STUDENTS.
A person seeking an appointment as Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Public Policy and Governance and Vice-Dean of Students must:
i. Be a Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer in the relevant discipline;
ii. Show leadership, high-quality sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision,
and professionalism in the discharge of his or her duties;
iii. Show evidence of capacity for continuous research and dissemination of knowledge
in his or her field through technology transfer and publication;
iv. Have a PhD in a relevant field of Specialization; and
v. Membership in a recognized professional body will be an added advantage.
Functions as Vice-Dean
A successful candidate for a Vice-Dean’s position shall be expected to perform the following functions:
1. He/She shall be deputy to and assist the Dean in the performance of his or her functions
and shall act as Dean in the absence of the Dean;
2. He/She shall handle schedules in the Dean’s Office relating to the following:
b. Monitoring the conduct of lectures;
d. Representation on the Board of the Faculty;
e. Any other duty assigned by the Dean.
Functions as Vice-Dean of Students
A successful candidate for a Vice-Dean of Students position shall be expected to perform the following functions:
1. He/She shall act as the Dean of Students in the absence of the Dean and also assist the Dean in the performance of his/her duties which include but are not limited to the following:
a. Liaise with the Vice-Chancellor, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Registrar, Heads of Department, Hall Masters/Warden, Residence Committee, Chaplaincy Board, Sports and Recreation Committee, the Students Representative Council, and the Graduate Students’ Association of Ghana (SDD-UBIDS) on all matters affecting the welfare of students;
b. Accommodation of Students in the halls of residence and hostels on campus and off-Campus;
c. Chaplaincy services that shall be of a circular nature.
d. Guidance and counseling services for junior members;
e. Sports and recreation;
f. Intra-University Bodies, Organizations, clubs, and societies;
g. Students governing bodies, Organizations, clubs, and societies;
2. He/She shall head a Non-Residence Unit of ensuring standardization of services, safety, and management of private hostel accommodation for students off-campus;
3. He/She shall work with the Non-Residence Unit to submit a policy framework for the consideration of the Academic Board and approval of Council.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their Curriculum Vitae, Vision Statements, and three (3) Referees’ Reports to:
P. O. Box WA 64
Wa, Upper West Region
NOTE: Shortlisted applicants for the position of Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Public Policy and Governance (FPPG) will be interviewed after which they would be required to go through an election process.
Closing Date: Friday, July 12, 2023
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.