The SD Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of DIRECTOR OF INTERNAL AUDIT.
The Director of Internal Audit is the Head of the Internal Audit Directorate of the University and shall be responsible, under the Vice Chancellor, for the provision of effective leadership and the promotion of good governance in accordance with the Regulations of the University
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
A person seeking appointment as Director of Internal Audit must:
- Hold a minimum of Master’s Degree in Finance /Accounting / Auditing related discipline;
- Be a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Ghana (ICAG);
- Have served in a university or analogous institution as Deputy Internal Auditor or equivalent rank;
A minimum of 12 years post-qualification experience as a Professional Accountant in a reputable and practicing firm, industry, commerce, and/or public service with requisite experience in Auditing and Controls;
- Be a distinguished professional with the capacity to motivate and direct staff;
- Be above reproach and must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities, and organizational skills; and
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good knowledge of the Public Procurement Act 2003, Public Financial Administration Act 2016, and Internal Audit Act and other related legal frameworks;
- Evidence of ability to coordinate work of units, sections, or teams;
- Evidence of ability to initiate policies;
- Very good knowledge and understanding of university administration, governance systems, and structures;
- Very good IT skills and ability to use and adapt to customized Enterprise Resource Planning;
- Must be able to enforce financial and related regulations of the University in the execution of his/her duties;
- Must be able to adapt to changes in government legislative directives and policies and apply same in the discharge of duties;
- Must have effective negotiation and problem-solving skills;
- Must have strong analytical skills;
- Must have strong leadership qualities and be committed to teamwork;
- Must be trustworthy; and
- Must be able to work for long and sustained hours.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The appointment is Full-time. Applicants shall be required to serve at least a minimum of FOUR YEARS, prior to attaining the Compulsory Statutory Retirement Age of sixty (60)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send both hard and soft copies of their application together with current Curriculum Vitae, a Vision Statement of not more than four (4) pages and. three (3) Referees’ Reports to:
P.O. Box WA 64
Wa, Upper West Region
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be Contacted
Applications should reach the Registrar, not later than the close of day on Friday, November 25, 2022.