The University invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacancies:
- VICE-DEAN, FACULTY OF INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (FIDS); and
- VICE-DEAN, FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCE AND ARTS (FSSA).
A person seeking appointment as Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Integrated Development Studies (FIDS) or Faculty of Social Science and Arts (FSSA) must:
- Be a Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer in a relevant discipline;
- Show leadership, high quality sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism in the discharge of his or her duties;
- Show evidence of capacity for continuous research and dissemination of knowledge in his or her field through technology transfer and publications;
- Have a PhD in a relevant field of specialization; and
- Membership of a recognized Professional Body will be an added advantage.
A successful candidate for a Vice-Dean’s position shall be expected to perform the following functions:
- He/she shall be deputy to and assist the Dean in the performance of his or her functions and shall act as Dean in the absence of the Dean;
- He/she shall handle schedules in the Dean’s Office relating to the following:
- Monitoring the conduct of lectures;
- Representation on the Board of the Faculty;
- Any other duty assigned by the Dean.
Interested candidates should send their Applications together with current Curriculum Vitae, Vision Statements and three (3) Referees’ Report to:
P.O. Box WA 64
Wa, Upper West Region
NOTE: Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed after which they would be required to go through elections at the various Faculties.
Closing Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2022
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be Contacted