The University invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacancies:
- DEAN, SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (SoB); AND
- DEAN, FACULTY OF INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (FIDS)
A person seeking appointment as Dean, School of Business or Faculty of Integrated Development Studies must:
- Be a Professor/Associate Professor in a relevant discipline;
- Show leadership, high quality sound judgment, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism in the discharge of his or her duties;
- Show evidence of capacity for continuous research and dissemination of knowledge in his or her field through technology transfer and publications;
- Have a PhD in a relevant field of specialization;
- Membership of a recognized Professional Body will be an added advantage;
- Be able to serve at least three (3) years before retirement; and
- Be innovative and an excellent business developer, who will be able to enhance the Internally Generated Funds (IGF) and fundraising capability of the School and the Faculty respectively.
Qualified person(s) for the appointment of Dean, School of Business and Faculty of Integrated Development Studies shall be expected to perform the underlisted functions:
- He/she shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for providing leadership to the School of Business and the Faculty of Integrated Development Studies and for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by Law, the University’s Statutes or as may be determined from time to time by Council, the Academic Board and the School and the Faculty Boards;
- He/she shall be the Chairperson of the School and Faculty Board;
- He/she shall, in consultation with the Heads of Department, be responsible for postgraduate training of the School and Faculty’s own Graduates and Lecturers on study leave;
- He/she shall co-ordinate the work of the Departments within the School and the Faculty; and
- Performs any other duty(ies) assigned to him/her by the Vice-Chancellor.
Interested candidates should send their Applications together with current Curriculum Vitae, Vision Statements and three (3) Referees’ Report to:
P.O. Box WA 64
Wa, Upper West Region
NOTE: Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed after which they would be required to go through elections at the various School and Faculty.
Closing Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2022
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be Contacted